Monday, October 6, 2008

Crazy Busy!











Wow. Time flies when you are busy. The last couple of weeks have been pretty hairy. We are getting ready for Kasen's first birthday party on Saturday. I am excited and stressed out too. I still have alot to get ready. I'm sure everything will fall into place......hopefully:)




Kasen is trying SO hard to walk. He will push/pull up on furniture and toys and then let go. He is allright until he looks down and realizes that he isn't holding on to anything. Then he wusses out and plops down on his little tooshie. We almost have him weaned off of formula now YAYYYY!!! That is about $120 a month in savings! He loves all kinds of table food. We have been so fortunate that he especially loves veggies. Green beans and broccoli are his faves. I have never seen a baby put away as much food as he can.....you would think that his little tummy is going to pop!




Madison is doing great in Pre-k. She lives her teachers and all of her friends- especially her best friend Mackenzie! They seem attached at the hip at times! She now has her phone number memorized and writes her first and last name very well. We are so proud of her! She has sooooo many toys and stuffed animals (I think that any parent would agree with me that stuffed animals seem to breed overnight in the closets- they keep multiplying! I don't remember buying her hardly any stuffed animals- I have no idea where they come from!!) So anyways, her toys and stuffed animals were taking over her room and she wasn't doing all that well at picking things up when she was done playing. I sat down and had a talk with her and told her that there are lots of boys and girls out there that don't have any animals or toys to play with and that she should respect what she has a little better. She said that maybe we could give some to those boys and girls. So last week she said "Mommy, I am ready to sort through my toys and animals to give to the boys and girls that don't have any!" So we spent several hours cleaning out her toybox, closet, and bookshelves to give some away to unfortunate kids. Believe it or not, but we had 1 1/2 trash bags of stuffed animals and 1 1/2 trash bags of toys! Needless to say, her room is much cleaner and more organized and we re-arranged her furniture a little bit to make a bigger area to play. We also took her TV and DVD player out of there. I kept telling her how proud I was of her for being so nice to give her things to boys and girls that are not as fortunate as her. I want to check around with some charities (maybe the Hope House in Greenfield) to see if they would like the toys and I plan on taking her with me when we deliver them. She came up and gave me a big hug and kiss and said "Mommy, I'm so proud that you are so proud of me!" I couldn't help but laugh. She is such a sweetheart!




I thought I would post these pics of them. Kasen in his new jammies and Madison when she fell asleep on the couch the other night and slowly slid down off of the couch in her sleep!








No comments: